Mr Michael is a Consultant Orthopaedic Spinal Surgeon who provides a full range of spinal surgery both at Sheffield Children’s Hospital at the Northern General Hospital.
Clinical interests include:
– Spinal surgery
– Cervical, thoracic and lumber spine problems
– Spinal deformity
– Neck and back pain
– All other spinal problems
Qualifications and training
– FRCS (Trauma & Orthopaedics) Intercollegiate Board, UK. May 2008
– FRCS (General Surgery) RCS, Edinburgh, UK. February 2002
– M.Med.Sci.(Trauma Surgery) University of Birmingham, UK. December 2001
– DNB (T&O), National Board, India
Mr Michael completed his orthopaedic training in Northern Ireland and his spinal surgery training fellowship in Leeds. Included in his sub-specialty training has been the management of conditions arising from degenerative, traumatic and tumoural causes.
He is the Undergraduate lead for T&O for Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, Director of AO Spine Centre Sheffield and AO Spine Education officer (UK)
He is a member of:
– British Association of Spinal Surgeons
– British Scoliosis Society
– British Trauma Society
– British Medical Association
– Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
– British Orthopaedic Association
Mr Michael has been published in numerous articles, books and papers on surgical techniques and case studies. He frequently delivers presentations in national and international meetings.