Mr Michael is a Consultant Orthopaedic Spinal Surgeon who provides a full range of spinal surgery both at Sheffield Children’s Hospital at the Northern General Hospital.
Clinical interests include:
– Spinal surgery
– Cervical, thoracic and lumber spine problems
– Spinal deformity
– Neck and back pain
– All other spinal problems
Qualifications and training
– FRCS (Trauma & Orthopaedics) Intercollegiate Board, UK. May 2008
– FRCS (General Surgery) RCS, Edinburgh, UK. February 2002
– M.Med.Sci.(Trauma Surgery) University of Birmingham, UK. December 2001
– DNB (T&O), National Board, India
Mr Michael completed his orthopaedic training in Northern Ireland and his spinal surgery training fellowship in Leeds. Included in his sub-specialty training has been the management of conditions arising from degenerative, traumatic and tumoural causes.
He is the Undergraduate lead for T&O for Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, Director of AO Spine Centre Sheffield and AO Spine Education officer (UK)
He is a member of:
– British Association of Spinal Surgeons
– British Scoliosis Society
– British Trauma Society
– British Medical Association
– Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
– British Orthopaedic Association
Mr Michael has been published in numerous articles, books and papers on surgical techniques and case studies. He frequently delivers presentations in national and international meetings.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.