Skip to main content

Local services

The Sheffield Children’s Transition page has information about the process of preparing to move from children’s health services to adult health services if your child has ongoing health needs.

Sheffield Futures can advise young people about careers and education.

The Transition to Adulthood section of the Local Offer provides advice and information about services available in Sheffield.

The Community Learning Disability Team provide specialist health support for people with learning disabilities and their carers in Sheffield.

Sheffield Adult Autism and Neurodevelopmental Service (SAANS) can review current support needs for those with a pre-existing diagnosis.


National organisations

The National Autistic Society has information pages for parents and young people about making decisions about what happens after school.

Ambitious about Autism has information about preparing for adulthood including information on employment and work experience.

Mencap has information pages about transitioning from children’s services to adult services for young people with a learning disability.

You might also be interested in...

    [0] => Array
            [message] => You currently have access to a subset of Twitter API v2 endpoints and limited v1.1 endpoints (e.g. media post, oauth) only. If you need access to this endpoint, you may need a different access level. You can learn more here:
            [code] => 453